materials: -selection of pictures that can be turned into an animation. (the less frames the better, because tumblr will limit the size of your GIF) -program that can save your file for “web and devices” (i use photoshop)
so I’ve only done this on photoshop, so I’m not sure about how to specifically create a GIF in other programs.
1. open all your pictures in photoshop and put them all on separate layers. under the window tab you open animations. which will open up a time-line for you.
2. assuming you know the basics of photoshop. create new layers on the time-line equal to the numbers of pictures you have.
3. click on each frame on the time-line and show which picture you want to show in each layer by clicking on the empty square next to each layer. (showing an eye means its showing, no eye means its not visible.)
4. once you have your animation done. put any tweaks you want like words or whatnot and prepare to save your file.
5. if you’re animation has more than 100 frames. consider deleting every other frame as size will be the main problem you have when uploading it onto the web. Tumblr restricts the sizes of GIFs to be under 500kb. After you’re done with all of the above. go to file>save for web and devices. and a window will pop out. make sure the format is GIF and also note your current size of the file. If it is any more than 500Kb. You’ll need to tweak it to make it smaller.
6. Tweaking- the hardest part of making/uploading the GIF, as the other steps are just repetition. To decrease the file size, lower the size of the GIF and lower the number of colors that are present. If the file is still too big, consider going back and deleting more frames. Repeat until the GIF is under 500kb.
7. upload to Tumblr as a photo.
here are some links I found useful for the whole process.
After staring at a monitor for 5 straight hours today.....
I’m finally almost done with my project. I worked during sixth and seventh period, ditched polo practice, saw the quad decorations being built outside, said hi to the custodian that came in, ate my lunch at 5, and I was almost done by 6:30. There better not be any “technical difficulties tomorrow”
and yes, that song from the video is still stuck in my head
I don’t know if I should be happy or sad that I’m moving…. I’ve lived in the city of Cupertino for the past five years. Yet I don’t have much attachments with this boring city. I thought that I wouldn’t miss school, my home, or even my friends. Recently the school weeks have sped up unusually while they normally dragged on. Its Friday again, yet last Friday seemed like yesterday, and the Friday before that seemed only two days ago. Maybe its because school started five weeks ago. I’ve met some people in my new school over the summer (coincidentally) and thought that it would be a good change. However, as moving day came closer and closer. I can’t help but feel remorse for my current life. People at school keep telling me it sucks that I’m moving, , even people that I barely knew. I disagreed at first, I wanted to start a new life, at a school known for it’s visual arts, where I could make new friends. Friends that I know outside of school tell me its a good thing, that it’s a good school, and that I should learn to adapt. But as the day came closer and closer I feel regret. Regret for having to ditch my new friends that I’ve made at school and the people I thought weren’t my friends. I realized that they are my friends and care about my well being and will miss me. I will miss them too.